Campus library Diepenbeek is closed until April 19 at least (possibly even until May 3). Through the offer below we try to accommodate this exceptional situation as best as possible.
Our electronic collection is available 24/24. Via the links offered on the library website, all students have off-campus access to almost all e-sources, such as our very large e-book collection. We also want to promote LibKey Nomad, a Chrome browser extension for fast, one-click access to subscribed and open access articles anytime, anywhere (i.e. on publisher websites, PubMed, etc.).
Extra online content during CORONA-crisis
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop rapidly, many publishers are making their resources freely and temporarily available, i.e. for the coming weeks, months or for the remainder of the academic year. ICOLC collected most of the available info in a long, exhaustive list.
Below we give a brief overview of these e-sources which are most relevant for our university:
- Annual Reviews: journals are available to all (without access control) through Thursday, April 30, 2020: on that date, they will assess the need to extend this policy.
- Cambridge University Press: higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access until the end of May 2020.
- Cochrane: Cochrane Library will be temporarily unrestricted.
- ScienceDirect Textbooks: the 256 textbooks currently on ScienceDirect will be automatically entitled to all active ScienceDirect customers; access the title list here.
- JSTOR: all (unlicensed) collections and e-books openly available for participating academic institutions through June 30.
- World Scientific Journals: all journal content published from 2001 available for Hasselt University until June 30.
Automatic extension of all ongoing loans
It is not an option right now to come by to hand in or renew your books. As a result, we decided to extend all ongoing loans until Monday, 27 April.
Do you still have a question? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org