The central search interface that allows UHasselt researchers and students to search various scientific sources of information at the same time with a single search query. The main ones are:
- the Hasselt University library catalogue;
- databases like Web of Science, Journal Citation Reports, PubMed, ACM Digital Library, Avery, Business Source Complete, Econlit, ERIC, MathSciNet, GreenFILE, etc.
- more than 50.000 full text e-journals that you have access to, free of charge or through UHasselt licences (a full and updated overview can be found in the A-to-Z list);
- more than 180.000 e-books Hasselt University has access to (a full and updated overview can be found in the A-to-Z list);
- e-print servers via OAIster, ArXiv, Citebase, etc.
The immense benefit is that you are no longer required to search each database individually and that you encounter much more information with one search query.
Note: UHasselt Discovery Service is not the ultimate repository for all scientific information. A considerable range of scientific sources of information can indeed be enquired at the same time with a single search query, but not all. Following (scientific) databases, for example, cannot be consulted through UHasselt Discovery Service: TaxWin Expert, GoPress Academic, MyNBN, the Buildwise (formerly: WTCB) publications, most legal databases (Jura, Strada lex, Jurisquare, monKEY), etc.